Empowering Young Change Makers: Apply for the 2024 Fellowship Program
Are you a young social changemaker looking to increase your impact and drive significant change in your community? Comic Relief’s US Youth Advisory Council (YAC) welcomes motivated individuals to apply for the 2024 Young Change Makers Fellowship Program. This one-of-a-kind event allows young leaders to hone their grant-making, fundraising, and project creation skills while networking with professionals and like-minded peers from around the globe.
Who Can Apply:
- Young individuals aged 18 to 25.
- Leading or part of social change projects in communities.
- Interested in building capacity in grant-making, fundraising, and project development and implementation skills.
Young Change Makers Fellowship Benefits:
- Hands-on Knowledge: Gain insights from top-notch development professionals and experienced peer leaders globally.
- Skill Enhancement: Acquire skills that will strengthen your ability to access grants/funding opportunities.
- Global Network: Join a diverse network of young individuals driving social change for mutual learning and potential future partnerships.
- Pathway to Funding: Build a pathway for your organization to apply for Juntanza Fund grants in the future.
- Visibility: Opportunity for your projects to be showcased on Comic Relief US social platforms.
About the Young Change Makers Fellowship: The fellowship program aims to empower representatives of youth-led organizations with expertise that positions their projects for funding opportunities. Through 4-5 sessions led by experts and peer leaders, participants will delve into grant making, fundraising, and organizational development, empowering them to achieve their organizational goals and foster sustainable change efforts in their communities. Applications are welcome from young change makers representing youth-led organizations worldwide.
Background: CRUS’s Youth Advisory Council (YAC) launched the Juntanza Fund in June 2021, a grantmaking program that supports community-based organizations and social justice campaigns led by historically excluded populations. The term “Juntanza” embodies unity and collaboration, reflecting the program’s mission to empower underserved communities. By equipping young change makers with essential tools and knowledge, the YAC aims to foster both short-term success and long-term impact, providing a pathway for grassroots organizations to access funding through the Juntanza Fund.
How to Apply: Before submitting your application, ensure that you meet the requirements outlined above.