Rhodes Scholarships 2024-2025 | Application Guide
If you are interested in applying for the Rhodes Scholarships 2024 and you think that it is for you, you will have to first find out if you are eligible to apply. You will have to enter your country in the appropriate search box in the official webpage and click ‘Check your eligibility’.
It is advised that if you have dual citizenship or have resided in a many countries that you choose the country you have the strongest connection to. You will thereafter be required to answer some simple questions on the portal. Questions about ‘your Nationality or citizenship’, ‘your education / residency’, ‘your age criteria’, ‘your academic achievement’ and ‘English language criteria’ will be asked and you will be required to provides answers.
If you meet the eligibility criteria for the Rhodes Scholarships 2024/25, you will be requested to begin your application by using the ‘Start Your Application’ button on the application portal.
The Rhodes application form requires you to provide the following:
- Your details, such as contact information
- Evidence that you meet the eligibility criteria
- Your education history including your university transcripts
- The course(s) you would like to study at the University of Oxford
- A Curriculum Vitae
- An Academic Statement
- A Personal Statement
- A total of four (minimum) to six (maximum) referees
- At least two of the following documents to confirm that you meet the citizenship, residency and age criteria (listed above):
- A certified copy of your birth certificate (or an affidavit of birth)
- A National Identity Card.
- A valid passport (with translation, if necessary)
- A voter’s card
- An affidavit notarised by a competent authority confirming that you are a bonafide citizen of your country
- An official transcript from the college or university at which you are studying, or have studied, showing grades achieved (to date).
- Evidence of residency within the region for at least five of the last ten years, for example official school records.
- Evidence that you meet the University of Oxford’s English language requirements:
- A full curriculum vitae (CV) which should include specific details about academic qualifications, prizes, scholarships, positions of leadership, employment positions, involvement in student, voluntary, community or political activities and any cultural, musical or sporting accomplishments. This should not exceed two pages of 12-point Times Roman font and should not include supporting documents.
- A head-and-shoulders colour photograph (jpg format). Please note your photo will not be available to the selection committee until after final shortlisting decisions have been made. If you are selected, this photograph will be used on the Rhodes webpage unless or until you provide another version.
Applicants are advised not to upload documents, certificates, testimonials or links/URLs other than those required.