The Charity KPABEP Scholarship program for female engineers and technicians in Nigeria is being implemented by the Federal Ministry of Environment in partnership with the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
This scholarship component is one of the initiatives planned for Nigeria’s Stage III Hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs) Phase-out Management Plan (HPMP). The HPMP Stage III Project aims to phase out 17.13 ODP tonnes of HCFC-22 using low Ozone Depleting Potential (ODP) and low Global Warming Potential (GWP) technologies, as well as help Nigeria meet its target of 67.5 percent reduction in HCFC baseline consumption by 2025.
The Charity KPABEP Scholarship program was approved by the Executive Committee (EXCOM) of the Multilateral Fund for the Implementation of the Montreal Protocol in December 2022. It is intended to develop the potential of female technicians and engineers and to create a group of experts and policymakers advocating for women employed in the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC) manufacturing sector in Nigeria.
Charity KPABEP Scholarship Program
Charity Kpabep Scholarships include:
- A one-time award of up to $4,000 (Paid in tranches and contingent on the successful completion of a training and internship on Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC)) [Please note: Final award amount will differ based on student’s financial plan and requirement]
- A possible training on Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC)
- A possible 1 – 3 months Internship with a company focused on Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC)
- Free collegiate membership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- Access to mentors in the engineering field
Charity KPABEP Scholarship Program Eligibility
- Applicant must identify as a woman.
- Be a Nigerian citizen.
- Be below 40 years at the time of application.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited University, Polytechnic, or post-secondary institution based in Nigeria.
- Currently enrolled in a FULL TIME Certificate, Diploma, Bachelors, Masters, or Doctoral degree program in Engineering sciences and Technology, or related fields.
- Applicants must be within the final two years of study.
- There is no minimum GPA requirement, however, candidates must maintain a good academic record.
- Have a record of leadership and engagement in extracurricular activities.
- Commit to attending all scholarship engagement events, workshops, and training.
- Commit to completing an internship in a relevant company, organization or institution within the period of the scholarship.
- Commit to writing quarterly progress reports, and an internship report.
Charity KPABEP Scholarship Program Application Process
The application must be submitted in English Language only. Make sure all questions are filled in properly and carefully.
In addition to completing the application form, all applicants must upload the following documents. Kindly combine all documents in one pdf document with file size of 5mb maximum (Document name should be Last name_First name_UNIDO KPABEP 2023, for example Doe_Sara_UNIDO KPABEP 2023):
- A 1000 word maximum Letter of motivation answering the following questions:
- What motivated you to pursue this course of study?
- What have been your most significant accomplishments till date?
- How have you demonstrated leadership in your community or academic environment?
- What are your long term career plans and how will this scholarship enable you to achieve them?
- Letter from sponsor
- A copy of your curriculum vitae/resume.
- Academic transcripts detailing your most recent academic results.
- Proof of enrolment in the current semester, if available.
- Most recent academic certificate attained, if available.
Deadline: December 31, 2023
- Call for Applications: TECA Africa Blue Wave |Funding for African Innovators
- Communications Analyst Vacancy at UNDP (Home-based)
- Young Health Program (YHP) Project Officer job secure at Plan International
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP