Fully Funded Hatfield Lioness Scholarship 2024 |Study at Durham University in the UK
Hatfield Lioness Scholarship 2024 |Study at Durham University in the UK
Applications are now being accepted from all qualified and interested international students for the 2024 Hatfield Lioness Scholarship.
The entirety of the costs of your tuition, accommodation, living and travel expenses, as well as comprehensive medical insurance during the corresponding academic period are covered by the scholarship.
The Hatfield Lioness Scholarship provides an invaluable opportunity for a female student from a developing country to pursue postgraduate studies at the University of Durham.
In this post, the full details of the eligibility, benefits, timeline, and application procedure will be provided.
Hatfield Lioness Scholarship Details
Hatfield College is proud to offer the Lioness Scholarship, intending to support a student possessing the academic prowess and personal attributes necessary to both thrive in a postgraduate course and serve as an exemplary ambassador for their home country in Durham.
The successful candidate is expected to utilize the skills and knowledge acquired from their master’s programme in Durham to make a significant impact in their home country upon their return.
This scholarship celebrates 30 years of female academic presence at Hatfield College, University of Durham. It is generously funded by alumni, friends of the College, and other sources aligned with the scholarship’s objectives.
Hatfield Lioness Scholarship Requirements
To be eligible for the postgraduate Hatfield Lioness Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
- Have been offered an unconditional place on their chosen master’s programme by June 2024.
- Not be receiving any other scholarship for postgraduate studies.
- Hold a relevant honours degree to gain admission to the desired Master’s course.
- Meet all other entry requirements, including English language proficiency.
- Not already possess a Master’s degree.
- Demonstrate a lack of financial means to pursue a Master’s degree in the UK.
- Eligible Field of Study: All, except for MBA programs
- Type of Study: Taught Master’s Programmes
Hatfield Lioness Scholarship Benefits and Timeline
The Hatfield Lioness Scholarship covers:
- Full university tuition fees.
- A living expenses stipend, paid monthly.
- A round-trip economy air ticket from the student’s home country to the UK.
- Travel costs between the UK airport and Durham City.
- Fully funded, self-catered accommodation at Hatfield College.
- A ‘settling in’ allowance upon arrival.
- Costs of the UK visa and health surcharge.
Programme Duration and Restrictions
The scholarship is awarded for one academic year. It does not cover expenses for dependants, nor does it fund travel during the scholarship period. Accommodation is solely for the scholarship recipient.
Candidates will be evaluated based on academic merit, personal qualities, and how well their chosen degree aligns with their career goals.
- Stage 1: Submit an academic application for your chosen master’s programme at Durham University, indicating your intention to apply for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship.
- Stage 2: Complete the Hatfield College Lioness Scholarship application and submit all supporting documents (offer letter, academic transcript, references, and IELTS certificate) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2024.