Call for Applications: World Bank Legal Internship Program
The World Bank Legal Vice Presidency offers highly-motivated law students an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the World Bank and that of the Legal Vice Presidency. The World Bank Legal Internship Program allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas, and latest research experiences into the World Bank’s daily operations and improve their legal skills while working in a multicultural environment.
The objective of the program is to provide you first-hand experiences of the day-to-day operations of the World Bank by closely collaborating with staff in the Legal Vice Presidency. As part of their team, working directly with outstanding and inspiring development professionals and senior management, you will get the chance to contribute to the legal services offered by the Legal Vice Presidency as well as participate in high-profile events and conferences organized during the term of your internship.
Interns will likely be involved in a plethora of tasks, as they arise during the term of the Internship Program, such as:
- Conducting a variety of legal assignments under the direction of the supervising lawyer(s).
- Conducting research on assigned issues, using existing law files and alternative sources (e.g., computer-assisted searches using the internet, intranet and/or other databases), analyzing information, and summarizing findings.
- Conducting comparative legal analyses on a range of issues in a given area, identifying legal and policy issues, researching relevant precedents, and proposing appropriate solutions.
- Participating in task/project teams with the supervising lawyer(s).
- Assisting in the preparation and organization of conferences and meetings.
- Performing ad hoc assignments as requested by the supervising lawyer(s).
- Applicant must hold citizenship of any IBRD member state;
- Be enrolled in an LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent legal academic program while you would be undertaking your internship with the World Bank (e.g. if you apply for the Summer Cycle of LIP, you must be enrolled in an eligible legal academic program between June and August);
- Have an excellent command of the English language.
Application period will commence on December 1 and end on December 31 (Internship period is for 10-12 weeks, typically between June and August, depending on prevailing needs). This is an excellent opportunity for students looking to gain full-time professional experiences at the World Bank during the summer months while enrolled in a law program.
Submit the documents:
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of enrollment in a law degree (LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent) and academic transcript(s).
- Short essay providing a response to a research question posed by the Legal Vice Presidency for the prevailing application period.
Deadline: December 31, 2023
- Apply For FG Iyaloja Non-interest Loan
- Apply For NG-CARES MSMEs Operational Grant
- Call for Applications: United Nations Fellowship 2024 (Step-by-Step Process)
- Call for Applications: Africa Tech Summit Investment Showcase 2024 in Nairobi
- WeNaija HPV Vaccine Video Contest 2023 (Up to ₦5 Million in Prizes)
- NITDA Fourth Industrial Revolution Technology Application (10 Million Naira in Funding)
- Queryfier Is Hiring Corp Members and Young Graduates for Open Tech roles
- Apply Now: Square Space Software Engineering Internship (Summer Internship 2024)
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP