The 3MTT Community Manager is responsible for:
- Leading, building, and maintaining 3MTT’s community of technical talent and its initiatives within your state (internally and externally) and scalable programs that attract a broad, diverse group of aspiring Nigerian Technologists and prepare them for the tech workforce as well as other opportunities in the digital economy in your state
- Leading the community and owning the brand of 3MTT in your state to animate existing and attract new community members and fellows to the program. Build and own state-specific and regional strategy, outreach and messaging for the community at large
- Building models, metrics of success and growth strategies, ensuring long-term success and growth of the 3MTT community within your state.
- Supporting the team to develop and track metrics for measuring learner progress and selection effectiveness.
- Overseeing the sourcing of volunteer facilitators, experts, venues, hubs and other stakeholders to host meetups and other events in Nigeria.
Developer Ecosystem Engagement:
- Define community building and engagement strategy for your state.
- Stimulate advocacy, oversee production and deliver community engagement material
- Develop programs and materials to facilitate a contribution to talent on-ramping within your state.
- Represent the initiative at conferences, organise and deliver meetups in your state
- Create opportunities to engage with relevant partners in a way that generates maximum value for the 3MTT community. Driving meaningful engagements with key stakeholders within your state and the wider ecosystem.
- Create programs to increase 3MTT’s brand awareness for developers and key stakeholders within the ecosystem in your state.
- Manage and optimise outreach budget across community engagement, advertising, content marketing, events, etc
3MTT Fellowship Pipeline:
- Nurture the 3MTT community pipeline and ensure that it’s active and sustainable to track the performance of the community members in your state.
- Drive increasing community engagement in our members through developer meetups, expert sessions, workshops, events etc.
- Design systems that enable enough facilitation hours to effectively invest in learners to get them fit for 3MTT fellowship & tech workforce
- Iterate program design and program management methods to improve efficiency and scale your reach tenfold and beyond
- You can provide leadership and define structures for growing a community within your state.
- You understand that what gets measured is what gets done and you balance a focus on the numbers that matter.
- You are willing to explore, test, and pilot innovative approaches that create opportunities to scale and nurture a community of Nigerian technical talent in your state.
- You are deeply aligned with 3MTT core values and believe strongly in developing and investing in diverse communities of talent
- Inclusivity and impact are two of your driving forces.
- You care for, believe in, and understand the future of Nigeria’s technology scene, are comfortable engaging with technologists and are committed to leadership in support of others.
- You are a people manager and a thoughtful, data-driven program designer and programme manager
As the ideal candidate for this role, you should have:
- Minimum of 3-4 years of relevant managerial experience and strong leadership skills.
- A deep understanding of the Nigeria developer ecosystem will be a plus (other notable community management experience will be a plus)
- Understanding of how to leverage technology and build scalable systems, programs, and teams without compromising quality
- Have outstanding written and spoken communication skills as well as good listening skills
- Are a self-starter who can accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Have a high level of attention to detail and organisation
- Strong professional relationship-building skills
- Proven initiative and persistence. You look for creative ways to overcome obstacles.
The 3 Million Technical Talent (3MTT) programme, a critical part of the Renewed Hope agenda, is aimed at building Nigeria’s technical talent backbone to power our digital economy and position Nigeria as a net talent exporter. The first phase of the programme, executed in collaboration with NITDA, will involve multiple stakeholders including fellows, training providers, partners, and placement organisations.
- UK ONE Youth Ambassador Programme 2023
- Call for Applications: SBN Nourish Nigeria NutriPitch Challenge 2023 |Up to ₦10Million
- Call for Applications: Borel Global Fellows Program 2024 (Up to $25,000)
- Call for Applications: Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship (QECS) 2024
- Puma Energy : Global Graduate Program 2024 for young graduates
- The develoPPP Ventures Ideas Competition 2024 for African Entrepreneurs
- The Michael Elliott Award for Excellence in African Storytelling 2024
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP