The Borel Global Fellows Program funds graduate study at Iowa State University’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences for students from Sub-Saharan Africa. By teaching scientists at Iowa State University who will become knowledge leaders who live and operate in Sub-Saharan Africa, the initiative aims to help alleviate food and nutrition insecurity while also improving prosperity and health for subsistence farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Borel Global Fellows Program Funding
- Up to $25,000 per year per student of funding is available to support graduate student stipends (or a combination of a partial stipend and research funding) for up to 30 months for MS students and up to 42 months for PhD students. Funding for travel by the student and advisor to and from Africa for research purposes also is available.
Borel Global Fellows Program Eligibility
All faculty members with a majority appointment in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Iowa State University may submit an application for partial graduate student funding. To be considered for the Borel Global Fellows Program, the student must:
- be admitted into a graduate program in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences;
- be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country;
- commit to completing graduate studies as a means for preparation of a career contributing to food security in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- complete the majority of their graduate research in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- demonstrate an intention to work and live in Sub-Saharan Africa after completing their graduate studies.
Borel Global Fellows Program Application
Completed application will include a cover letter from the major professor, a CV of the student, and a copy of the student’s goal statement. Due date each year: January 15. Cover letters will address the commitment of the major professor to provide the remaining required funding (typically tuition, fees and research costs) and his/her commitment to support the student’s research in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Submit the application to Dr. David Acker, Associate Dean for Global Engagement, email@example.com.
Deadline: January 15, 2024
- Call for Applications: Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship (QECS) 2024
- Puma Energy : Global Graduate Program 2024 for young graduates
- The develoPPP Ventures Ideas Competition 2024 for African Entrepreneurs
- The Michael Elliott Award for Excellence in African Storytelling 2024
- Venture Z Startup Competition for Entrepreneurs 2023/2024 (up to 30,000 SAR)
- APPLY NOW LIBERTY ACADEMY 4TH BATCH ADMISSION IS NOW OPEN
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP