One Young World is introducing the CUSEF Young Leaders Scholarship 2024 in collaboration with the China-United States Exchange Foundation to find eight outstanding young leaders from around the world. The Scholars will be chosen for their shown beneficial social impact in addressing global issues such as climate change, poverty, gender equality, and public health. The scholarship will allow eight influential young leaders who are promoting positive change to attend the One Young World Summit 2024 in Montreal and become members of the global One Young World Ambassador Community.
The China-United States interchange Foundation (CUSEF) is a non-profit organization established in Hong Kong dedicated to fostering trust, facilitating interchange, and advancing understanding between the world’s two largest economies. CUSEF has a long history of supporting youth and education, having brought over 2,000 American students to China, including 800 from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). It was founded in 2008 and is commemorating its 15th anniversary by inviting global youth to apply for the CUSEF Young Leaders Scholarship, which will help accelerate progress on the SDGs.
- Aged between 18-30 at the time of the One Young World Summit 2024.
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Demonstrated interest in promoting East-West exchanges.
- Have a proven track record for leadership.
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering change.
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in their work.
Scholars will receive
- Full delegate access to the One Young World Summit 2024 in Montreal, Canada.
- Access to development opportunities.
- Lifetime membership to CUSEF and the One Young World Community.
- Access to monthly global calls designed to provide delegates with enhanced leadership skills and principles alongside expertise around the Summit’s main themes.
- Exclusive pre-Summit calls with the CUSEF Young Leaders.
- At the One Young World Summit 2024, CUSEF scholars will participate in an onstage panel and host a workshop.
- Private hotel accommodation at the Summit in Montreal from 18 – 21 September 2024.
- Return travel to Montreal (flights in economy).
- Ground transport to travel to the airport (if required).
- Catering throughout the Summit.
- Impact monitoring and tracking of projects.
- Promotion and visibility of the work on social media.
- Opportunity to act as a peer mentor for future cohorts of CUSEF Scholars.
Application Deadline: 31 January 2024
For More Information: