The KIC Agritech Challenge Pro is an accelerator program designed to help young entrepreneurs establish and scale economically viable, scalable solutions to important agricultural problems. The program intends to use technology and innovation as a catalyst for increasing productivity, yields, and job creation in Ghana’s agricultural industry.
The KIC AgriTech Challenge Pro is a 5-month acceleration program designed to provide existing early-stage teams or AgriTech businesses with the tools, funding, and support they need to bring their business concepts or products to market and scale. The AgriTech Challenge Classic would provide half of the startups and business teams for the AgriTech Challenge Pro.
KIC AgriTech Challenge Classic is a 7-month program that identifies young people who are interested in setting up a business and provides them with a system of training, workshops, and support to develop their business ideas. The program uses coaching and market research tours to encourage participants to take a fresh look at the agriculture value chain and identify new areas with potential business opportunities.
KIC AgriTech Challenge Eligibility
Each AgriTechie team that enters the Pro
- Must be building or working on an innovative or commercial business solution
- Must have a Minimum Viable Product (demonstrated, visual, etc).
- Should not have more than four (4) founders – the team must have co-founders who have decision making power with the team or business, with clear roles and responsibilities.
- Should not be registered or operational for more than 3 years.
KIC AgriTech Challenge Benefits
The winners are announced at the end of the AgriTech Challenge Pro, which follows the Classic. Winning startups would receive up to $50,000 in seed funding (grant).
The trainings would mostly be virtual, aside orientation and pitch periods. There would be several coaching and business review sessions organized by the universities who are KIC partners on the Pro.
The 2023 Pro trainings would mostly be virtual, organized on Zoom. The physical training sessions would be hosted by the KIC Hub in Accra.
Deadline: November 24, 2023.
- Venture Z Startup Competition for Entrepreneurs 2023/2024 (up to 30,000 SAR)
- APPLY NOW LIBERTY ACADEMY 4TH BATCH ADMISSION IS NOW OPEN
- Call for Applications: ETH Zurich Excellence Masters Scholarship 2024
- Entrepreneurship World Cup Pitch Competition 2024 for Entrepreneurs worldwide |$1million prize
- Apply Now: Seedstars Zenith Bank Pitch Competition |Up to 52 million Naira in cash prizes
- One Young World Fellowship – Programmes Fellow 2024 |Salary £26,000
- Apply For The African Leadership West Africa (ALIWA)
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP