The One Young World Fellowship is now accepting applicants for the year 2024! They are looking for two new Fellows to join their Digital Communications team and assist make their ambitious ambitions for One Young World 2024 Montréal a reality. The Fellowship is for a fixed-term posting from January 8, 2024 to October 11, 2024.
Fellows will collaborate with young leaders from every country and from a wide spectrum of backgrounds, including social entrepreneurs, campaigners, tech innovators, and poets. The program is appropriate for recent graduates or early-career professionals who are passionate about sustainable development and want to learn more about a career in the charity sector.
Taking on this challenge calls for:
- Passion for and strong general knowledge of social and environmental causes
- An enthusiastic and professional personality
- Excellent attention to detail and personal standards
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Fellows will graduate from the role as full members of the One Young World Ambassador Community, meaning you will receive life-time membership of the world’s most internationally diverse network of young leaders. You will be able to call yourself a One Young World Ambassador and take advantage of all the exclusive opportunities available to the Community.
One Young World Fellowship Responsibilities
- Supporting the Digital Communications Content Officers in social content creation and posting, including graphics and video creation
- Management of digital assets
- Researching and communicating insights into trends in digital communications platforms
- Staying on top of social platform updates and communicating these to the team
- Writing copy in line with brand guidelines and tone of voice
- Live content capture at events
- Monitoring social channels and email inboxes.
One Young World Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
To succeed in the Fellowship, you will:
- Have an active interest in current affairs and be driven to work in a role that brings positive change to the world
- Be highly efficient and organised and have experience of complex admin tasks
- Have experience using the Microsoft Office suite, and ideally some experience with design or video editing software
- Be a great teammate who takes the initiative and is able to cope well with deadlines and a high-pressure environment
- Have a keen interest in Digital Communications or Marketing, with a focus on social media
- Fluency in English – an additional language is desirable but not essential
- By the start of employment, you must have the right to work in the UK – ideally you are based within commuter distance to London, or you are planning to relocate to London from January 2024.
One Young World Fellowship Benefits
- They operate a 4 day working week policy, which we call Flexible Fridays. They encourage you to be super efficient with your time Monday-Thursday, so you don’t need to work (unless something super urgent comes up) on a Friday. They operate this policy all year round, apart from in the three months leading up to the Summit.
- Salary £ 26000
- Private medical insurance which includes physiotherapy, dental, eye care and mental health support.
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel to events as necessary
- Regular opportunities to access paid-for training and professional development such as courses and qualifications
- Central London location
- A very sociable team – Christmas, Summer and post-Summit parties
- One Young World takes part in a huge variety of events that team members can attend.Previous international opportunities have included Cannes Lions and the UN ECOSOC Forum and local opportunities have included Student Pride and the Open Iftar Project
One Young World Fellowship Application
Please fill out the application form, including a CV and cover letter in the “upload additional documents” section. Please note that by the start of employment, you must have the right to work in the UK.
Deadline: November 16, 2023.
- Apply Now: Dangote Group Graduate Trainee Programme 2023 for young Nigerians
- The Sterling Momship Recruitment Program for stay-at-home moms
- CUSEF Young Leaders /One Young World Scholarship to Attend the 2024 One Young World Summit |Fully Funded
- Apply Now: SAP Young Professionals Program 2023 for young African graduates
- Call for Applications: WAAW Foundation Scholarships 2022/2023 for Female African Students
- Call For Applications: Charity KPABEP Scholarship Program 2023/2024 for Female Engineers & Technicians in Nigeria |up to $4,000
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP